JAMES WORTH DIGITAL MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS
professional experience & clients
IT Architect, Duke/NUS Graduate Medical School, Singapore
- Through personal and professional skills, identify all the resources required to pull together and realize strategies for transforming project proof of concepts developed within the Office of Innovative Solutions into an implementation roadmap with viable and sustainable workflow parameters in web, video and current and emerging technology.
- To work with the education leadership, course directors, clinical preceptors at Singapore General Hospital and OIS technical team to build learning modules as preparation for clinical clerkship activities and focuses on building a virtual learning environment, with or without connectivity to the internet / mobile phone network.
- Align projects with clinical training, including 2nd, 4th year, house staff and faculty training as well as continuing medical education.
Manager, Digital Media + eLearning SingHealth, Singapore
- Appointed to create new department for the production of digital media and encourage the use of new and emerging technology in medical education and communications.
- Within two months of hire, asked to manage and revitalize existing eLearning department.
- Result, within 12 months, Digital Media + eLearning has become central focal point for the new SingHealth Medical Academy to be aligned with Duke University GMS (USA), NUS and MOH. Service provides a fully integrated Learning Management System (LMS), “HELIX” (Healthcare eLearning Information eXchange) offering graduate, postgraduate and Continuing Medical Education for Doctors, Nurses, Allied Health and Hospital Management.
- Currently integrating the new eLearning Management System across SingHealth - three hospitals, five National Specialty Centres for Cancer, Heart, Neuroscience, Eye, Dental and network of primary healthcare clinics through live broadcast or download of content to PC, MAC, iPod or other portable devices as well as emerging technologies.
- Developed strategic 5 year plan to develop and expand service to a unit of 15+ staff providing an integrated production service with fully equipped production facility capable of working in any digital video or eLearning format.
Project Manager, In-Vivo Medical Communications - Strategic Medical Education, Singapore
- Role involved working with major pharmaceutical MNC’s to produce strategic medical education programmes across the Asia-Pacific Region. Worked on 7 major international projects including GSK International “GOLD” programme for Asia Pacific Region Diabetes’s KOL’s, and Schering-Plough launch of Noxafil (posaconazole) to the Asia Pacific market.
Freelance Communications Consultant, UK
Chief, Interactive Media Communications. Division of Health Communication, Medical College of Georgia, & MCG Hospital & Clinics, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
- Success in transforming the Medical College of Georgia to a totally digital working environment involved in satellite and broadband distance learning education through interactive CD Rom, DVD and Web distance learning CME education.
- Achieved full funding and profitability through identifying an then completing a wide range of government, educational, institution, charity, research and industry related projects.
- Advised and assisted with creation of the Georgia State Telemedicine programme. One on one consultation between patients and doctors in rural settings through digital technology with regional and national medical specialists in centralised hospitals of excellence.
- Produced, wrote and directed film, video and interactive media projects for training, education, induction, marketing/branding, recruitment, and corporate PR/lobbying for the University system of Georgia, other Georgia State Institutions and organisations and healthcare providers and companies; all on a regional or national/international level.
- ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN news packages on healthcare research and advances in treatment
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (Washington DC)
- American Heart Association PSA. “The Attack of Crack”
- Broadband Internet Distance Education
- Children's Miracle Network Telethon
- Coffee Regional Hospital
- Developed Satellite Distance Education
- Georgia Department of Community Health, Division of Public Health
- Georgia Department of Education
- Georgia State Government: Governors Office
- Georgia State Medical Association, Inc
- Nation Kidney Foundation
- MCG Health Children’s Medical Center “He’s my Son”
- MCG Office of Academic Admissions
- MCG Schools and Programs
- STOP Program National PSA for cycle cell anaemia blood transfusion program and the prevention of early stroke in children
- Telemedicine for Rural Healthcare
- The White House Washing DC (Clinton Healthcare Initiative)
Freelance Producer, Scriptwriter, Director, Designer, USA
ABC NBC CBS CNN news packages on healthcare research and advances in treatment
Logo design and associated printing, selected in 1991 as one of the best 200 logo designs in corporate America. Logo artwork and letterhead published in "American Corporate Identity 8" in 1992/93.
South Carolina ETV script, docudrama on the life of Carrie Nation,
South Carolina ETV, script, documentary series, The Destruction of Old Glory (a political, social and economic history of the South's treatment as a defeated nation since the end of the American Civil War)
University of South Carolina and Crawford Communications, Inc “The First Pharaohs,” six one-hour series on Egyptian archaeology
West Georgia Medical Center
Producer, Scriptwriter, Director, Kingfisher Productions, Inc. Columbia, SC, USA
Freelance Producer, Director, Scriptwriter, Designer BBC Television, Channel 4 Television and UK Independent Production Companies
- "Mount Athos” - The Holy Peninsular
- “Pátmos” - The Holy Island
- “The Sacred Music of Duke Ellington” recorded in St Paul's Cathedral, London
- “Treasure Hunt” helicopter seek and find game show
- The Circus World Championships
- The Patti Boulaye show
- NBC America “Bob Hope’s Happy Birthday Home Coming Show” recorded lice at the Lyric Theater, London
- Debrett’s Video Editions plc
- Royal Ordinance Factories
- Woman Magazine , UK publication with VHS publications
Executive Producer, Lancastria Television, Manchester. Broadcast, industrial and commercial film and television production
Associate Producer/Producer, World Wide Pictures, London, UK based national and international corporate film and video production company
clients and productions worked on include:
- Airship Industries plc
- British Aerospace plc
- British Petroleum plc
- British Telecom plc
- CAT (Computer Assisted Training) on interactive laser discs for General Motors UK, and the British National Safety Council
- Central Office of Information
- European Space Agency
- Ford UK plc
- G.K.N. Industries plc
- General Motors UK plc
- H.M.G .Cabinet Office
- H.M.G. Ministry of Defence
- Lloyds Bank plc
- National Westminster Bank plc
- Nestle UK and International plc
- Philips,(Netherlands) first interactive laser disc
- Rolls Royce plc
- Shell UK & Shell International plc
- Arup Engineering
- Wellcome Foundation
Senior Designer/Graphic Designer Distributive Industries Training Board, Manchester
- Co-operative Society plc
- Fine Fare plc
- Harrods plc
- House of Fraser plc
- Rolls Royce plc
Trainee Assistant Film Editor, Production Assistant, Graphic Designer BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) London, Manchester and Birmingham
- Nation and regional news
- Current affairs
- Light Entertainment